If you are planning for a little getaway with your little one being your companion, don’t sweat about the comfort and safety of the baby while you drive.
A car seat stroller is your best option as it will provide your baby with the much-needed safety on bumpy roads and comfort while your baby dozes off.
A car seat stroller can be used both as a car seat and also a compact and easy to carry the stroller. It is convertible, so one need not worry about disturbing the sweet sleep of the baby while converting it from a seat to a stroller. These travel systems also come with all-terrain wheels, which will help in taking a walk in all kinds of environments. These are very comfortable and safe and can be considered as a one-time investment as it can be used when your child is an infant till your baby outgrows into a toddler.
There are various companies which offer different features, colors, and price for these car seat strollers. To save you from the confusion of buying from so many options to choose from, here are some crucial questions that are answered below, you might consider before purchasing a car seat stroller.
What is a car seat stroller?
- A car seat stroller is an all in one system used for traveling, which consists of an infant car seat and also a stroller. If your baby is not able to sit, it can be reclined up to 180 degrees, making it ideal for sleeping. If the baby can sit, then this system provides the parent with the flexibility of using it as a stroller as it is. After the baby outgrows the car seat, it can still be used as a stroller. The conventional car seat carriers do not provide this facility. It is made of comfortable components for babies to feel free and at ease.
- The car seat stroller comes in different sizes, features, and components. It is a stroller that can be snapped into a car seat. It can be considered as a one-time investment as it can be used right from his or her infancy till he or she becomes a toddler. A car seat stroller comes in different varieties. Some with three wheels, which makes it sporty and you can even run with it, while some strollers come with an umbrella which is a fabric sling on the frame of the stroller, making it lightweight and compact at the same time.
- A car seat stroller fits the baby while he or she lies down and is big enough for the baby to sit upright one it grows up. There are various compartments that one can get along with their strollers such a basket under the seat to keep grocery and diaper bags, cup holders, and storage spaces for keeping the milk bottles and other commodities, side pockets for keeping other little things. These strollers are easily foldable, meaning you can fold it and fit it inside the car as it doesn’t consume much space and also maneuver right through tight spaces.
- A car seat stroller is lightweight, and it is easier to push, pack, travel, and carry. One can find these ranging from as light as 8 to 10 pounds to a more substantial option of 40 pounds. These car seat strollers are very reliable from a safety point of view as not only these come with latches and straps but also with a bar on the front side of the stroller which saves the baby from falling if he or she leans forward. A snack tray is also attached to the front side, which is convenient while you are traveling in the car.
- These car seat strollers come in various colors, features, price range, and brands which one can choose according to their needs. These car seat strollers come with a different specialty. It comes for both single children and also for twins. For twins, the requirements double, and these car seat strollers fulfill them. For someone who travels frequently or has a busy schedule, a car seat stroller becomes the right choice of transportation as it is comfortable and safe at the same time.
Why should one go for car seat strollers?
- A car seat stroller is a reliable, safe, and easy to use option. It is a one-time investment, and purchasing a car seat stroller will save you from buying a stroller and a car seat separately, as you can get both of these at the cost of one. These come with a recliner or bassinet, which makes it comfortable and multi-purpose. They are easy to fold, and it clips easily in the car seat, which makes sure the baby stays at its place. They are ultra-comfortable, and the components used in securing them are breathable, which means your baby won’t feel hot and suffocated in it.
- These car seat strollers can also be used as a stroller, which is why the tires are all-terrain, which means you can take the stroller over the pavement, grass, gravel, and every type of path as these are very versatile and flexible. Talking about its flexibility and versatility, this travel system can be easily maneuvered into tight spaces and doesn’t stick. The material used in making the car seat is very sturdy and robust, which clips perfectly to the seat. The assembling process of the travel system is straightforward, and the mobility is also seamless.
- If someone is wondering about the cleaning method of the car seat and the stroller because of some clumsy accidents or just for hygiene purposes, these car seat strollers are made of washable material and are very durable. The color doesn’t fade away, and it dries quickly. The method of putting the baby inside the stroller and then taking him or her out is easy, and the chances of the baby getting hurt are very less as no hard or strong component is used around the seat.
- The car seat strollers further come with rear and forward-facing features, which gives you an option to make the baby sit comfortably and safely as you want. The first and foremost reason for buying a car seat stroller, however, it is lightweight and less bulky car seat which makes it very compatible with traveling, which also serves its primary purpose. The upholstery is plush, and the back of the car seat is made of memory foam padding, which sits well. This feature makes it a comfortable and soft sleeping place for the baby, too, as the car seat can also recline for making a place to sleep for infants.
- Some car seat strollers can convert itself into a double car seat stroller as well. If someone has two children at the phase of infancy or toddler, then this type of travel system is the best bet they can ask for. The storage basket’s capacity also increases, making more space for storing multiple things and supplies for the kids.
How should one buy a car seat stroller?
There are multiple things one must remember while buying a car seat stroller as these things will ensure you are spending a fortune for nothing and also provides the comfort and safety of your child.
- Examine the breaks- While you may think you can have reasonable control over the stroller, there may come situations where working on the tears of the stroller is essential. When it comes to the safety of your baby, precautions should be taken in priority. Before buying a car seat stroller, make sure you examine whether the break locks are secured or not if disengaging if the breaks before you roll is easy and hassle-free or whether the cracks are easy to use.
- Check the hinges, straps, and edge- There are multiple crannies and nooks on the products of the babies. But to make sure that the little fingers and toes don’t get caught in those tight spaces or get cut by edges, make sure you check the presence of any sharp edges and hinges is away from the reach of your baby.
- Save from sun- The skin of babies is very delicate, so to save your little one from the harsh sun rays, make sure you choose a car seat stroller that comes with a canopy that provides shade to the baby. There are a few models which also have a built-in SPF protection so that you can protect your little one from those harmful UV rays.
- Hassle-free recliner- Before purchasing a car seat stroller, check how far the seat can recline and how easy is it to recline the seat. If you are about to travel with your little one, it is essential to check the ease of reclining. Make sure the seat reclines flat quickly, and the harness is easy to fasten and unfasten so that you don’t disturb the sleep due to some jerks or lags.
- Check the storage and maneuverability- When you travel with a baby, a lot of supplies are needed to be kept in hands reach. This storage can be challenging to carry each time, and remembering where you saved a particular thing can also be a challenging task. Therefore buying a car seat stroller that can hold the weight of such handbags and other items is essential. Choose a car seat stroller that has a sturdy construction as well as more compartments and storage space.
When can one buy a car seat stroller?
- A car seat stroller is the ultimate travel system every parent must possess, especially if they have infants and toddlers. A car seat stroller can be used right from the time when the baby is born until the age of 2-3years. These travel systems provide the parent with the convenience of a stroller and car seat reclines fully and keep your baby safe and comfortable.
- A car seat stroller should be the one that perfectly fits in the car tightly and easy to install. If you are planning to get a stroller for a newborn, then a travel system that can recline effortlessly is essential. As the babies do not have a head and neck control, choosing a car seat stroller that can provide the baby with adequate support is necessary.
- If you are a parent of a baby above six months, then you can opt for a travel system that doesn’t recline as the baby can sit upright. The car seat stroller comes with separate attachments, and some come in matching sets. If your baby can sit, then strapping him or her on the car seat will allow shifting the baby from stroller to car seat quickly.
- If you are a parent of a child with special needs such as a premature baby or one with other health problems, you might want a travel system with a more comfortable backside having well-padded memory foam. While you use this travel system as a stroller, you may require more storage space for keeping necessary commodities like medicine or oxygen pumps. Having more space my even allow you to stay cardiac monitors and other medical equipment handy, which you can have access to in times of emergency. Choose such a travel system that will fulfill all the needs of your special baby and doesn’t cause any inconvenience.
After you buy a travel system for your baby or toddler, make sure you keep in mind a few things after choosing the car seat stroller, such as taking proper caution while folding the stroller. Make sure you keep your baby away from the stroller as the tiny fingers may get stuck in the hinges. So make sure the lock of the stroller is open before you put the child inside it. If you are the parent of the tropics and get harsh sun rays, then don’t let the babysit in the sun for long hours as the plastic or metal pieces will arrive hot and burn the sensitive skin of the baby. Always check the temperature of the stroller before you put your baby inside it. Don’t be in a rush or hurry while hanging bags and other things to the handle of the stroller as most strollers cannot take much weight, and the travel system may tip over.
Who can buy a car seat stroller?
The following factors can be considered by any new parent who wants to purchase a car seat stroller for their little one:
- Location- If you live in a city or nearby and prefer to go on walks on the sideways with your baby or toddler, then you may want to go for a sturdier travel system. Always choose a travel system which is compact and can be converted easily in the case to want to change it into a car seat or fold it while you want to take a bus or go in a subway.
- Family members- This is an essential factor you might want to consider before you buy a car seat stroller because if you have an older child, you might take a double stroller, which comes with an attachment for two children. But always consider the guidelines related to weight as being overweight can lead to tipping off of the stroller. If you have an infant, you may need a travel system that can recline fully for the baby to sleep comfortably.
- Lifestyle- If you are someone who can stay near your baby all the time, a simple travel system may fit your choice. But if you want to take your baby every time you go out running errands or if love traveling and want to have your little one as your companion, then a jogger stroller will help you go and walk comfortably with the all-terrain tires. One can find car seat strollers with reclining back, which is a good option if you keep traveling with an infant or comfortable straight back stroller will let your baby sit upright if he or she is of 6 months or more.
- Supplies and accessories- If you are planning to go for a long walk or travel a long distance in a car with your baby, you will need to carry a lot of accessories with you like a milk or water bottle, diaper bags, etc. For such needs, a travel system with storage space, rain, and sunshade or a cup holder might become your best choice. So always consider these factors before you invest in a car seat stroller.
Where can you buy a car seat stroller?
One can buy a car seat stroller either on online stores or from offline shops. If you are a first-timer, then you may want to test a few things before buying the travel system to make sure you are investing in the right thing. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Adjusting the backrest- Check whether the backrest is comfortable and big enough for your toddler to fit in it comfortably. Also, make sure it is easy to fasten and unfasten.
- Take the floor test- Make sure you take the floor model of your desired travel system and check if the car seat fits right in your car and if you don’t get that option, then measure the car seat and then check if it fits in your car or vehicle.
- The stroller check- Open and then close the stroller by using one hand and then both sides to check whether it is easy to use or not. As you may have to do it with a baby on board, so check the process of opening, and closing is hassle-free. Carry and lift the stroller both while it is folded and open. Make sure it is lightweight, travel-friendly, and not bulky.
The abovementioned checks can be done quickly if you consider buying the car seat stroller from an offline shop where you can feel and touch the material, see the size, and check other little components.
If you want to buy it from an online website, then you must carefully go through the description provided by the website and match the measurements with that of your car to see if it fits correctly. Always check the ratings and reviews of the car seat stroller you want to buy as it gives a detailed insight into the product. Make sure the website or app you are using for purchasing the travel system is a trusted and verified one to avoid getting duped from poor quality and duplicate products. One of the most significant advantages of buying these online can be the discounts and offers you can avail, which will help you save some extra bucks.
Traveling with babies and toddlers can be fun as well as stressful. To eliminate the later part, invest your money into an advanced and efficient car seat stroller. Gone are the days when you had to worry about making your baby sit on your lap where he or she couldn’t sleep comfortably and get all restless.
A car seat stroller will help your infant sleep peacefully in the fully reclining seat and also changes itself into a stroller that can carry anywhere you go. The multiple pockets, compartments, and safety handles will make the task easier, as you can take all your supplies. Be it a single child, twins, an older and younger kid, or a child with special needs. You can get one that will fit any condition.
So now, go ahead and buy a car seat stroller either from an offline store after checking everything and making sure you are getting the best deal for your little one or from any trusted and reliable online website which will get your car seat stroller at the comfort of your doorstep along with some desirable offers. Take your little one on exciting outings and walks with all the comfort and safety you could ever ask for.